Links to Other Sites
Disclaimer: This list does not constitute an
endorsement of the views of these sites.
- The Committee for the Scientific Investigation of Claims of the Paranormal is probably
the foremost skeptics group in the world. They publish The Skeptical Inquirer.
- The Skeptics Society is probably the best-known skeptics organization after CSICOP. They
publish Skeptic magazine.
Randi Educational Foundation
- James "the Amazing" Randi is a magician who is best known for his work
challenging and debunking those who claim to have paranormal powers.
Memory Syndrome Foundation
- The False Memory Syndrome Foundation was formed to combat the growing number of cases in
which dubious techniques are used to retrieve "repressed memories", usually of
childhood sexual abuse. The FMS Foundation believes that many if not all of these memories
are false memories that have been created rather than retrieved.
Center for Science Education (NCSE)
- The NCSE is a nonprofit organization working to keep evolution in the science classroom
and "scientific creationism" out.
- The sci.skeptic newsgroup is the Usenet discussion area where items of interest to
skeptics are discussed.
- A late-night radio talk show about the paranormal (carried in Illinois on WLS, WMAY,
WTAZ, and others).
- The J. Allen Hynek Center for UFO Studies publishes the International UFO Reporter.
- Whitley Strieber, author of Communion, hosts this alien abduction site.
- Fortean Times, the "journal of strange phenomena," looks at reports
of the weird with a humorous slant.
- The Mutual UFO Network maintains a UFO reporting hotline and publishes the MUFON UFO
- ParaNet publishes Continuum magazine and produces a syndicated radio show.
- A site devoted to the alleged crash of a UFO in Roswell, New Mexico in 1947.
- One of numerous newsgroups for discussing the paranormal.